DFA of California specifically focuses on issues affecting the consumer and agricultural market. The core of our scientific research and partnerships revolve around solving food industry problems and creating better methodologies.
DFA of California is recognized for the following:
- Research on Methyl Bromide alternatives:
- Propylene Oxide (PPO)
- ECO2 (Fume and other Phosphine-based fumigants)
- Organic Practices
- Our services include lab, field and commercial testing
- Feasibility studies for pest management, crop protection and food safety controls
- Validation studies for commodity pasteurization/fumigation
DFA of California creates strategic food safety partnerships to better serve our customers needs:
- FDA: Partnership Agreement
- USDA: Pistachio & Almond
- CDHS: Pesticide in Food
- Japan MHLW: Official Lab
- UC Davis, Fresno State, Kearney
In 2001 the DFA was the recipient of the prestigious Hammer Award. Created by Vice President Al Gore, the award recognized teams of federal employees and their partners whose work resulted in a government that works better and costs less.