The combination of the enactment of the Food Safety Modernization Act and the trend by food companies to move towards a GFSI food safety platform, it is important for DFA services to stay current with these regulatory and industry changes. Therefore, DFA has developed its own standard, called the DFA of California Food Safety Standard. With this in mind, the new DFA of California Food Safety Standard has enhanced its requirements to help prepare its members and clients future. Due to the multiplicity of the various standards, many food producers have to undergo numerous audits to meet the demands of their customers and markets. This duplication costs the industry millions of dollars in both time and money. DFA’s new food safety standard helps ease the complexity of the world’s competing audit schemes, so DFA members and clients can better prepare for their required domestic and international audits.
- Provide clear, standardized requirements so that our members and clients understand DFA’s basis for food safety at their facilities
- Support continuous improvement
- Align with the requirements of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
- Align with some of the more common GFSI requirements so that members and clients who are moving toward GFSI certification will be ahead of the game.
- Provide a standard that is on par or exceeds other third party audits so that members and clients can utilize our reports as third party audit reports for their customers.
Our auditors are certified in many of the international standards and have experience in various types of food products. Call DFA today so that we can assist you down the road of food safety.