DFA of California Red Seal Certification quality inspections are the pinnacle standard when it comes to the dried fruit and tree nut industries. Red Seal inspections are unique to only DFA of California members because they ensure that the products being packed are both of the highest quality and have only been packed at a DFA of California member facility that is frequently monitored for food safety by participating in unannounced Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety audits as a requirement of their membership. Real Seal inspections require products to meet more stringent specifications than USDA top grades, are packed under continuous in-line inspection, and can help your company meet the demands of your most scrutinizing customers. Each Red Seal Certificate is signed and embossed with DFA’s distinguished seal.
Red Seal Certification is available on almonds, cut dried fruit, figs, prunes and walnuts. All Red Seal Certified products may proudly display the “Red Seal” on their markings.
Red Seal Certified Standards
- Condition inspection performed within 24 hours of being packed
- Fewer inedible/serious defects allowed
- No averaging, every test in the lot must meet the size and grade applied for
- Better uniformity
- Products must ship within 30 days of inspection or is required to be re-inspected
- Labeling, shipping marks, correct sizing, and positive lot identification are verified
- Crop year certified
- Allows for additional contract specifications to be certified (pesticides, oils, aflatoxins, microbiology, etc.)
- Packed at a DFA member facility which falls subject to unannounced GMP/Food Safety audits